Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 10 - Dahab (27th Dec 10)

Buffett Breakfast!!! Omelette & Pancakes included.
I was excited as I only paid 40 Egyptian pound (S$8.80, US$6.82) for my dorm bed.
I got it my dorm bed free, as I went for diving.
Free Wifi, Free Flow of Mineral Water. This is paradize! 


(Taken by HY)
Preparing & Assembling equipments for Diving. =(

Yes, it had been 8 years since I assembled my own diving equipment. Now, I know that the services in South-east Asia is wonderful - everything is prepared, and I just wear the BCG and dive into the water, and after the dive, I just leave the equipment on the boat. 

I did not enjoy the dive in the Red Sea. Firstly, the dive operator was quite annal about the log book. Despite telling them that our last dive was in Philippines 5 months ago and we did not have the practice of keeping log book, they insisted us to take the refresher course. Argh!! It was a waste of time and money. It was not exactly cheap - I spent 320 LE (US$55, S$70) for 1 dive (including rental of equipment). 

The dive site sucks!!! The water visibility was good, but the underwater world is exactly the same as the landscape - DESSERT!!! Not much fishes and corals. I was literally yawning while I was diving, and I could not wait to get out of the cold water. Definitely one of the worst dives I ever had. 

Nevertheless, it was still a new experience for me.

So I decided not to burn my money by not going for another dive. SM went for her 2nd dive, and thankfully, she told me that I ain't missing anything. Now, I am more appreciative of the dive sites around South-East Asia.


Chilling out by the beach & I had Wifi-connection.

Below was my post on Facebook:
"Bliss is enjoying the sun and beach of red sea with a cold glass of strawberry smoothie on a Monday afternoon. :)"


But what is the real Bliss??
The real highlight of the day was having a conversation with my mum and listening to my little niece singing/talking. Nothing can beats that. 
=)

Crystal-Clear Water


Dessert
What a contrast!!



The Red Sea was calm and the visibility was really good. 
However, the water was a bit too cold for my comfort.


Sunset @ Dahab!

No comments:

Post a Comment