Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 17 - Cairo to Siwa (3rd Jan 11)

There was nothing much on this day, except SM, AY & Jon were doing their last min shopping before heading back home. HY and I would continue our trip to Siwa Oasis, which was highly recommended by a German guy who spent one month traveling in Egypt.

Even though I knew I would see 3 of them back home, I still felt a tinge of sadness when we farewell at Dina's hostel. I guess it reminded me of the bigger picture of life. All journeys must come to an end, and all gatherings will end in farewell.


Fruit juice in Egypt is cheap and good.
1 glass of fresh sugar cane juice is 1LE (US$0.17, S$0.22)
1 glass of fresh orange juice is 3LE (US$0.51, S$0.66)

Drinking fresh juices became one of my favourite things to do in Egypt. =)

Street of Cairo

That night, we took an overnight bus from Cairo to Siwa Oasis. The bus was comfortable, except it was freezing cold. I wasn't the only person suffering, everybody was complaining about it. I did not expect it to be so cold, hence, my warm clothings & thermal wears were in my backpack in the luggage compartment of the bus. I did not sleep well and my legs felt numb from the cold. I had lift my legs onto the seat and hugged it close to me to keep warm. Just miserable!!! One of the worst bus rides in my life.  

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful blog. I am impressed. Thanks for sharing valuable information about Boon's Jordan, Israel, and Egypt Trip. From this information I learned a lot that will be very helpful, I am also interested in traveling to Egypt once. Last year a friend of mine went on an Egyptian tour with his family, and in his opinion, "Ask-Aladdin" is a great tour guide for Jordan & Egypt Trip. If you are also looking for a good tour guide / want to enjoy a memorable Egypt trip, you can contact him through his website.

    ReplyDelete